We’re excited to share that Bloomerang and Kindful nonprofit customers raised more than $42.4 million on Giving Tuesday 2022. This kicks off another record Giving Tuesday as nonprofits move full swing into the end-of-year giving season.
On Giving Tuesday 2022, donors were even more generous than they were in previous years. Better yet, the number of donors increased too.
According to the GivingTuesday Data Commons: “[Giving] in the United States alone totaled $3.1 billion representing a 15% increase compared to GivingTuesday 2021, and a 25% increase since 2020. 37 million adults in the U.S. participated in GivingTuesday in some way, a 6% increase from 2021, contributing much-needed and critical support to causes, communities, and non-profit organizations as they kick off the giving season this year in the face of substantial economic challenges and continued volatility.”
Bloomerang and Kindful customers raised more funds than in previous years.
In a year that showed that donors will support the causes they care about even during difficult times, the results from Giving Tuesday 2022 also proved that to be true:
- Bloomerang and Kindful nonprofit customers raised $42.4 million on Giving Tuesday 2022, a 51% increase in total donations since 2020. Donors were generous with an average donation size of $331.
- On the Bloomerang platform, we saw a 15% increase in the average donation size compared to Giving Tuesday 2021.
- Bloomerang employees gave $24,022 to 334 causes.
“It’s exciting to see the impact that Giving Tuesday has had on the nonprofit community,” says Bloomerang CEO Ross Hendrickson. “During such a challenging time, we’re encouraged to see an increase in donations and in the number of people who are committed to building a world inspired by giving.”
Building that world means providing donors with a better giving experience—something Bloomerang is built to help nonprofits do.
“By fostering deeper relationships with their donors, nonprofits are better positioned to thrive for years to come,” says Ann Fellman, Chief Marketing Officer at Bloomerang. “Over the past year, we’ve made a number of enhancements to our product that make it easier for fundraisers to do just that. With the right tools in place, we know nonprofit customers will continue to attract new donors and retain existing donors—as well as grow the average donation amount over time.”
Some recent enhancements to the Bloomerang product include a refreshed dashboard and user-interface updates designed to save time and help nonprofits monitor their fundraising campaign performance. Fundraisers now also have the ability to create and send thoughtful tribute letters without ever leaving Bloomerang.
Additionally, we launched mobile apps for iOS and Android, making it easier to raise funds anywhere and in real time and to provide meaningful insights that improve constituent interactions. As fundraisers get back into the field with in-person meetings and events, they can access the data they need to process donations on the go, increase productivity, and engage in real-time donor engagement activities—all from their phone.
Make the most of the end-of-year giving season with these free resources:
- Thanking and retaining donors. Write the perfect donor thank you letter, check out our first-time donor calls feature, and learn more about the importance of donor retention in this free guide.
- Last-minute fundraising strategies. It’s not too late to implement effective year-end fundraising strategies. Check out this free guide that includes 7 fundraising strategies and 16 action tips.
- Fundraising thermometer template. Track your fundraising progress by creating your own fundraising thermometer for free.
Raise more funds and retain more donors with Bloomerang.
If you’re looking to raise more funds and move your mission forward in 2023, fill out this form and a Bloomerang team member will be in touch shortly.
The post Giving Tuesday 2022: Bloomerang And Kindful Nonprofit Customers Raise $42.4 Million appeared first on Bloomerang.