Collaborate & work in new ways
If your imagination were let loose, how would you want to work? Utilizing a variety of online meeting applications and services you can collaborate with customers, clients, and colleagues outside of the office. Take it one step further and you can immerse yourselve in an exciting and creative virtual environment to build the solutions that meet your needs.
Second Life is the Internet’s virtual home to virtually anything. We welcome you to our “home” where you can meet, greet, work and play.
- You’ll be able to connect with other nonprofits, businesses, and training opportunities.
- Host a company training without additional travel and accommodations costs.
- Gather employees from across the state or branch managers from around the world for the weekly staff meeting in your virtual conference room.
- Create 3D prototypes of products to show your clients.
- Build a demo model demonstrating your best ideas to funders and supporters.
- Collaborate with new partners. Increase productivity, creativity, and innovation while doing business in a cost-effective, carbon-friendly environment.
- Expand your creativity and organizational reach.
Joining Second Life is pretty simple. Follow these steps and you’ll be flying through your virtual experience in no time.
(1) You start your journey here https://join.secondlife.com/ .
(2) You will be taken through a process of verifying your email address, creating your avatar, and downloading and installing the Second Life viewer.
(3) In order to participate in the virtual world of Second Life you have to download and install the Second Life Viewer. This is what allows you to access Etopia and the many other virtual locations (sims) throughout Second Life.
(4) Once the software is installed come back to this page. DO NOT LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT YET!
(5) Click here to open a map for Etopia. The map will open in a new web page.
(6) Click the orange button on the map labeled “Visit This Location.”
(7) When you log in for the first time you will read and agree to the “Terms Of Service” and “Community Standards” documents from Linden Labs, makers of Second Life.
(8) After completing the user agreements your avatar will appear at the main landing area for Etopia.
(9) Welcome to Etopia. Accept our gifts, join our group, and wander the sims to see real life examples of how we can live and work sustainably.