This webinar features a conversation between three leaders from nonprofits dedicated to worker advocacy, power building, and fair wages. Our panelists are:
Saru Jayaraman, President of One Fair Wage
Chirag Mehta, Director of Policy and Ideas at Community Change
Erica Smiley, Executive Director of Jobs with Justice
This webinar explores:
- What are the core stakes in the fight for fair wages?
- What are the challenges that campaigns for wage justice face?
- How is wage justice related to other struggles for racial and gender justice?
- How do we build power to transform the subminimum wage economy?
- How do subminimum wages and anti-worker policy affect democracy?
- What kind of legislative policies— antitrust laws or universal basic income, for example— would best support wage justice?
- What can practitioners and organizers learn from current wage justice struggles?